Monday 30 December 2013

New year new you? Read this!

I first went to slimming world thanks to a very good friend of mine before I got married! She had been on the plan for a few weeks and couldn't praise the plan enough to me so I thought maybe it was with a try! I didn't go in January, I started in March, the fact of is, the month you start doesn't matter, but if you're not happy don't put it off! 

I went home from work that day, and did some research on the slimming world web page, which I must add is a complete god send so don't forget to make a note of your pin to get you on line! 
So, it all looked good and I decided to give it a try, with the help of my very supportive husband! 

When the day came it was scary to say the least! I personally went through so many different emotions! Denial, thinking that I didn't need to go at all, then thinking they'd kick me out for being too fat, and worrying that it would be just a big group of clique women who wouldn't make an effort to talk to you! Thinking that it was all a big faddy diet and no one can lose weight without being hungry! How wrong could I be!

When you walk through the door you'll be shown by someone where to go, there is usually a little table set up for new members so your consultant can talk you through the plan with out any disruptions, as it can be a bit over whelming at first! But don't worry we all felt like that to start with, and there is always someone around to ask questions! 

You'll fill in an enrolment form and be processed through at the end of group with all the weighing done in private! I can't stress enough about the privacy of group! 

I help out on the social team, which are the volunteers who help the consultant run the group, I help with the weighing and I can hand on heart say, we see so many people that I couldn't even remember someone's weight, even if I really wanted to! Also, we have to keep all information confidential, so if you are shy, don't worry :) 

At the first group, you'll listen to how everyone got on in their week (que a lot of clapping, you'll get used it it!) It was at this point on my first session I literally thought that everyone was brainwashed!!! 
I couldn't work out how these people I shared the room with had eaten all of the lovely food they'd talked about and were sat there with their huge weight losses! 
Staying at group to me is the most important thing! I know some see it as just sitting and talking about food, but it really is more than that! It's what you're paying for so if you have time I'd really recommend it, for ideas sometimes the solution to something is so easy but just something you've not thought of :) 

The first week is hard, I'm not going to lie! You feel like you've constantly got your head in your 'slimming world bible' but you will get it, even if you spend the first week living off of jacket beans and salad for fear of messing it up!! (Pretty sure we've all been there!)
I think the biggest fear is eating too much! As there are so many free foods!

There is always a way to ask for help though, wether it's on line, through Facebook, or just a quick phone call to your consultant, there is no need to stay confused till the next group :) 

How quickly or slowly sw works to me is irrelevant! If you lose quickly, fab well done, if you lose slowly, it's ok it's coming off and that's much better than the weight you could have put on by not going! 

I hope this post has helped at least one person who's feeling nervous about coming to group, it really is one big family who really look out for each other. 

I wish you well in your journey if you start it next week any questions please get in touch 
:) 
Love and syn free chocolate sprinkles 
Tracey x 

No comments:

Post a Comment