Saturday 10 May 2014

Red day ideas

Right, a couple of people have asked me for some meal plans for a red week, so, here are some that I had planned out for the last couple of weeks :)
I've been rubbish with my blog lately but I am off sick! 
Right so here goes 
Red day breakfast ideas
Poached eggs on toast
Omelette
Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
Grill up 
Sardines on toast
Weetabix (chocolate ones are a HEb plus 2 syns I believe) 
Smoked haddock
Asparagus and boiled eggs
Bacon sarnies 
Lunch ideas,
Now this is what I get stuck with!! 
I usually just go with a salad dressed with balsamic vinegar and some kinda meat or fish, but this week I am going to attempt to (in English get hubby to make, due to my bad back!) make a meat loaf and have that with veggies.
You could also make home made soups just be clear which veggies you can use first as you can't have parsnips,sweet potato, peas or sweetcorn as free foods! 
Tea time meal ideas! 
Well I have lots due to the fact I've found my recipe book! 
Basically I've replaced potato, with butternut squash (butternut squash chips with a little chilli are yummy) it sounds horrible but hubby found a recipe that used white cabbage instead of rice for a curry and it sounds eugh but it actually worked really well! 
We've had lots of curries, chicken in bacon, lots of fish (good for weightloss) you can make a quiche,
This week we are planning a meat loaf, donner kebab from the fake away book oh and the sw KFC (non tweek) is lovely too! 
I find going red plan is a guaranteed way of getting in your super-free as it's the only thing you can really bulk out your meals with! 
Try to keep it varied though, I found when I did a food diary that I was just eating the same veggies day in day out and obviously that's not going to help weight loss :) 
Oh and lastly don't forget, to change up your healthy extras :) I was guilty of being a bread and cheese girl, but now I'm also using potato, almond milk and hi fi bars to keep it all interesting :) 
Hope this helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment